Date:      Fri, 06 Feb 2004 19:14:53 -0500
From:      David Murray <dlmurray@ozline.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Keyboard not detected on install.

         I have an old IBM PS-2 keyboard.  When trying to load FreeBSD
(any version) from CD
there is no response to keyboard actions.  I get to where I'm asked what
I want to do by using
the arrow keys and there is no response.  I try to exit and try again
and there is no response.
I can't get a response to control-alt-delete.  I have to shut the box
off to try installing again.
The hardware is ok because my Linux and OS2 drives work beautifully.
How do I trouble
shoot when one of my major trouble shooting tools is out of comission?
Is this enough info?
I looked through the manual and the handbook and there were no
references to this problem.
I saw nothing in the e-mail archive, either. Any advice?   Thank you.