Date:      Sat, 28 May 2005 08:36:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      modelt20@canada.com
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   gnotepad+

Hello:

I recently upgraded to FreeBSD 5.4-release, and gnome
2.10.0. I then CVSup'd my port tree as usual. I have
tried to install gnotepad+; and the "make - make
install" seemed to execute correctly. However, when I
launch gnome, the gnotepad is not on the menu (it
automatically was when I did this in FreeBSD
5.3-release). I then tried running the command
'gnotepad+', 'gnotepad', gnotepad+-gnome',
'gnotepad+-1.3.3_1', and 'gnotepad+-gnome-1.3.3_1'; but
I got a message saying there is no application
associated with that location.
I then went to the BSD prompt, and tried typing the
commands, and I got a message stating the command was
not found. Usually this technique results in an error
telling me I need a window manager open.
I then executed a pkg_info, and the gnotepad+-1.3.3_1
package was listed. When I tried a pkg_delete on this,
however, I got a message stating it was not actually
there.
What could I have done wrong, and how do I proceed with
installing this package correctly?

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Harold.