Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2002 09:45:13 +0000
From:      Emiel Kollof <coolvibe@hackerheaven.org>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>, ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        obrien@freebsd.org, jdp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vim linker oddity

Op dinsdag 19 februari 2002 06:04, schreef Alfred Perlstein:

[snip]

> However running the resulting binary:
> ~/tmp/hpcvs/hpoj % vim
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libXThrStub.XmbResetIC" not found
> ~/tmp/hpcvs/hpoj %
>
> Basically it's missing X11, however the linker scripty thing in vim
> removes it because the link succeeds for some oddball reason.

Ah, I THOUGHT that looked familliar. vim has been unusable for me for exactly
the same reasons lately on CURRENT:

bash-2.05a$ uname -a
FreeBSD azazel.ipv6.hackerheaven.org 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #4: Mon
Feb 11 00:02:55 CET 2002
root@azazel.ipv6.hackerheaven.org:/usr/CURRENT/obj/usr/CURRENT/src/sys/AZAZEL
 i386
bash-2.05a$ vim
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libXThrStub.XmbResetIC" not found

If there's a fix, I plea for someone to commit it.

Cheers,
Emiel Kollof
--
"To vacillate or not to vacillate, that is the question ... or is it?"