Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2000 07:20:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/20804: deadlocking when using vnode disk file and quotas

The following reply was made to PR kern/20804; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To: Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
Cc: Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>,
	freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 16:12:44 +0200

 In message <Pine.NEB.3.96L.1000824100047.31571D-100000@fledge.watson.org>, Robe
 rt Watson writes:

 >> >jail thing?
 >>
 >> The only thing magic about MD is it's access time...
 >
 >I guess the magic question for the bug reporter would be, ``if you run
 >edquota from within a jail on a non-md disk, does the same lock problem
 >occur''.  He may have listed this in the original PR, but I don't recall.

 It think this is a preexisting bug which jail/chroot + MD exposes.

 FreeBSD coreteam member | BSD since 4.3-tahoe