Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 1996 11:52:38 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        igor@cs.ibank.ru
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /usr/bin/chat don't work?

> Hello,
>   I have problem :)
>
>   Under 2.1R I use slattach with /usr/bin/chat as modem dialer (which
>   send to modem ATZ/ATDT/etc) and enjoying... But I install new 960606
>   SNAP and chat does't work :(
>
>   Any changes in kernel/etc? Can I continue use chat for this task or
>   you suggest another program? Anyway, any ideas?

Chat doesn't support the -l option any more. When I upgraded to
-current, I got it working by removing that bit from my dialler
script.

before:-

if /usr/bin/chat -l LCK..$DEVICE ABORT "NO CARRIER" [...]

after:-

if /usr/bin/chat ABORT "NO CARRIER" [...]

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland
james@jraynard.demon.co.uk