Date:      Sun, 23 Dec 2001 15:19:15 +0100 (MET)
From:      johann@broadpark.no
To:        Josh Paetzel <friar_josh@webwarrior.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

Hey,

Thanks for responding.

1) Sorry I forgot...

2) I didn't think that mattered?

Well, my problems are getting passive mode on my FTPD (virtual server, port 2001, whereas passive mode on my main server, port 21, seems to work) and DCC in my IRC client to work. For instance, when I wanted SSH and my system accounts FTPD to work, I had to add an NAT entry for port 22 and port 21 in a telnet session between my machine and my ADSL router;

set nat entry add 10.0.0.2 20-22 0.0.0.0 20-22 tcp

This also has to be done for daemons like identd, BIND etc.

However, when it comes to redirecting the ports for passive and DCC, I'm stuck. I'm not the one running NATD, it's my ISP. I have one static IP, and that's it.

Hope you can help.

Sincerely,
Johann