Date:      Sat, 21 Apr 2001 09:50:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bin/26397: cannot escape telnet connection after recent changes

The following reply was made to PR bin/26397; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To: Paul Herman <pherman@frenchfries.net>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, Nick Sayer <nsayer@FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 19:38:33 +0300

 Hmm.. this is interesting.  Nick Sayer CC'd - yes, I can confirm that
 4.3-STABLE as of a few hours ago does NOT allow ^] escape to command
 mode during the SRA auth phase.

 In theory, you could always go into command mode by just typing 'telnet',
 and only then 'o hostname' or something..  you could disable SRA by
 using 'telnet -X SRA hostname'..  but an escape to command mode during
 the SRA auth phase would be nice :)  Nick?

 G'luck,
 Peter

 --
 .siht ekil ti gnidaer eb d'uoy ,werbeH ni erew ecnetnes siht fI