Date:      Thu, 28 Dec 1995 19:39:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Rashid Karimov <rashid@rk.ios.com>, jkh@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ASUS P6/Pro MB and P6-200

On Thu, 28 Dec 1995, Rashid Karimov wrote:

> Runs just fantastic ! - in full accordance with expectations,
> but the problem is I can't find 200 Mhz CPU.
> The motherboard is shipped from ASUS with 150Mhz CPU and it's
> not clear who carries the 200Mhz one ?

	this is not fair!  i just got a 586-90 at work and am happy.  you
all get to play with 686's!!!!

	how about running some benchmark code for us, just so we can see
how miserable we really are :))

	http://www.scl.ameslab.gov/scl/HINT/HINT.html

	can each of you (rashid and jordan) run the code and mail me the
results for two cases.   compile once with DATA_TYPE (in the Makefile)
set to DOUBLE and once with it set to LONG.  (code does not require any
mods.)

	the sun guys here keep explaining to me why sparcs are better
even though my 586 eats them alive ;)

Jonathan M. Bresler        FreeBSD Postmaster         jmb@FreeBSD.ORG
play go. ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life
i am moving to a new job.                 PLEASE USE: jmb@FreeBSD.ORG