Date:      Tue, 25 Dec 2001 18:39:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      Robin Hall <rob33_me@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: device not configured

Ok i finally was able to get this copied over. This is
the dmesg from the section on setting up the modem:

    m0: <PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
PS/2: No such file or directory.
psm0: model Generic PS/2 mouse, device ID 0
vga0: <Generic ISA VGA> at port 0x3c0-0x3df iomem
0xa0000-0xbffff on isa0
sc0: <System console> at flags 0x100 on isa0
sc0: VGA <16 virtual consoles, flags=0x300>
sio0 at port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on isa0
sio0: type 16550A
sio1 at port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on isa0
sio1: type 16550A
ppc0: <Parallel port> at port 0x378-0x37f irq 7 on
isa0
ppc0: Generic chipset (EPP/NIBBLE) in COMPATIBLE mode
plip0: <PLIP network interface> on ppbus0
lpt0: <Printer> on ppbus0
lpt0: Interrupt-driven port
ppi0: <Parallel I/O> on ppbus0
guardian# psm0: model Generic PS/2 mouse, device ID 0
psm0:: Too many arguments.

from what I see sio1 it the setup for my modem port.
This is the correct irq and address for it. If this is
showing in dmesg as being set up how come when I use
cuaa2 it is telling me device not configured? This is
the generic kernel no configuration. When I use the
setup program I don't even get the optioon to setup
ppp0 on the right port? anyone have any ideas?

TIA

=====

Robin E. Hall
rob33_me@yahoo.com