Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:34:41 -0700
From:      Mike Makonnen <makonnen@pacbell.net>
To:        Don Lewis <dl-freebsd@catspoiler.org>
Cc:        bright@mu.org, jhb@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fdcheckstd() test bug in execve() (was: Re: Suggested fixes for uidinfo "would sleep" messages)

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 00:04:41 -0700 (PDT)
Don Lewis <dl-freebsd@catspoiler.org> wrote:

> Your patch also looks like it should fix the bug.  I prefer my patch,
> though, because I think the resultant code is structured better and
> should be easier to understand.  For instance, the reason for the
> assignment to oldcred in the "if (error != 0)" block in your patch is
> not immediately obvious.

You can remove it, it was part of something else I was working on.

I haven't taken a look at your patch. I was working on something else
and already had a patch for it, before I saw yours. I sent it as a
reference because there was something in the thread about
leaking p_args.

I really don't care which patch makes it into the tree. If it solves
the problem, it solves the problem. There's not much more to it.

Cheers,
Mike Makonnen