Date:      Sun, 26 May 2002 08:30:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Marc Fonvieille <marc@blackend.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/38571: A typo in cvsup-advanced article

The following reply was made to PR docs/38571; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Fonvieille <marc@blackend.org>
To: Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 17:20:47 +0200

 On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 05:01:32PM +0200, Salvo Bartolotta wrote:
 > As far as the 'typo' is concerned, I did it on purpose: I actually meant to
 > reproduce a 'Freudian' lapsus (lapsus calami), i.e. reproduce the process of
 > writing something and then making corrections (^W: delete a word).  By the
 > way, another such 'device' is e.g. ^H to mean you are deleting a letter.
 >
 > If the Documentation Project deems this, er, 'stylistic' device acceptable
 > (for current standards of formality), there will be no need to remove it.  On
 > the other hand, if it sounds too informal, then let it be removed.

 I was *1000 miles away* from thinking it was a normal typo :))

 I'm currently translating the article in french, i will remove the lapsus
 cause it's difficult to write/display it efficiently. Maybe in an irc
 way like "scre** err trouble, i mean" but it's not really good.

 Btw i will submit a PR about s/eg/e.g. and some quote tags addition
 etc...

 Cheers,
 Marc