Date:      Thu, 28 May 1998 22:18:56 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Vladimir Kushnir <kushn@mail.kar.net>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -current breakage

On Thu, 28 May 1998, Peter Wemm wrote:

> Vladimir Kushnir wrote:
> >

> > On Thu, 28 May 1998, Hostas Red wrote:
> >
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > cvsup'ed just few minutes ago, make world fail on 10th minute of building:
> > >
> > > cd /usr/src/include/../sys;  install -C -o bin -g bin -m 444 net/*.h
> > > /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/include/net
> > > install: net/*.h: No such file or directory
> > > *** Error code 71
> > > 1 error
> > > *** Error code 2
> > > 1 error
> > > *** Error code 2
> > > 1 error
> > > *** Error code 2
> > > 1 error
> > >
> > > Adios,
> > > /KONG
> >
> > Same here, and even worse: somehow buildworld wiped all of sys/sys/*.h,
> > sys/net/*.h probably something else as well.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Vladimir
> >

> Do you have CLOBBER defined by any chance?  I'm suspicious of the
> following section of src/Makefile:
>
> includes:
> .if defined(CLOBBER)
>         rm -rf ${DESTDIR}/usr/include/*
>         mtree -deU -f ${.CURDIR}/etc/mtree/BSD.include.dist \
>                 -p ${DESTDIR}/usr/include
> .endif
>
> There are some rm -rf's in src/include/Makefile as well.  However, neither
> of these should really be a problem unless rm has started following
> symlinks or there's something odd going on.
>

> Cheers,
> -Peter
> --
> Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>   Netplex Consulting

No, I just did "make -DNOCLEAN buildworld" (there was some interrupted
buildworld by then). Besides, it didn't rm /usr/src/include - some other
directories were wiped away (like /usr/src/sys/sys and so on - sorry,
can't say more exactly, I've already restored /usr/src).
BTW, that was CTM src-cur.3398 (the last one.. err.. one before the last
already).
Regards,
Vladimir