Date:      Sun, 13 Sep 1998 20:19:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Don <don@calis.BlackSun.org>
To:        Jason Vennes <freaker@thuntek.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPP Problems

> 	I run FreeBSD 2.2.7  STABLE, And when ever I go to get on the net
> thro ppp, it'll dial up and about half way into the noise, it
> disconnects... the timeouts are set high so i shouldn't, Any Ideas?
You dont have it set up right. The handbook is anything but helpful here
as far as i am concerned. And the sample config file that was around when
I first installed was completely incorrect.
2 things though: This question probably belongs on the -questions list as
it doesnt pertain specifically to -stable. And we cant help much without
your actual ppp.conf file to see if everyhting is in the right place (btw
dont leave your passwd and login in the file :)

-don