Date:      Fri, 12 Oct 2001 09:37:33 +0800
From:      nuzrin yaapar <nuzrin@yahoo.com>
To:        Ryan Dooley <dooleyr@missouri.edu>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Uh... server crashes every day :-/ any thoughts?

On Thursday 11 October 2001 9:51 pm, Ryan Dooley wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I've got this 4.4-RELEASE server running a Dell 6450 that seems to be
> having issues (I've crashed once a day for the past week at the worst
> possible time (business hours).
>
> Here's the deal...
>
> The system is a central NFS server serving up NFS, SAMBA, and printing
> to a large number of clients.  It has two interfaces.  One goes to a
> dedicated 100MB network for 6 linux machines that act as web and ftp
> servers as well as some general access machines (they mount a file
> system from this server via NFS (version 3, udp)

Hi all,

I also experienced similar problems. I think it's related to NFS somehow. My
NFS server will reboot itself without even displaying the panic messages
whenever around 15 or more I think NFS clients accessing it simultaneously.

The machine serves around 40 NFS clients. I cannot give the configuration
now, because I'm somewhere else and do not have access to the machine. But
what I remember is that nfsd is configured to start with 20 instance, the
mbufs is 40000, and NIC is fxp0.

Thanks.