Date:      Tue, 16 Nov 2004 23:22:04 +0100 (CET)
From:      Charlie & <root@schmalzbauer.de>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   gnu/74019: Not NOMAN requires NO_CXX in make.conf

>Number:         74019
>Category:       gnu
>Synopsis:       Not NOMAN requires NO_CXX in make.conf
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD test1.flintsbach.schmalzbauer.de 5.3-STABLE FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE #23: Tue Nov 16 10:33:39 CET 2004 root@test1.flintsbach.schmalzbauer.de:/builder/obj/builder/src/sys/A7V8X-X i386

	When I use a customized make.conf to install a customized base system (like with
	sysinstall) and define NO_CXX (because I don't need a compiler on a productive
	fileserver) I can't read man pages although I haven't defined NOMAN.
	It seems that groff is built together with the gnu compiler and should instead
	be built (and installed) depending on the NOMAN flag in make.conf.

>How-To-Repeat:
>Fix:

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:
 >HowTo-Repeat:
 	Use a make.conf with NO_CXX=true and call 'man procfs' on the target system
 	after installing.
 	You'll see the error:
 	/usr/bin/tbl not found
 	/usr/bin/groff not found