Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 2002 17:07:14 +0200
From:      Pia Gerhardt <nameless@gruft.de>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AC97 - VIA VT8233 SOUND CHIP CHANNEL DEAD 3 RELEASES.

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 12:37:01AM +1000, Julian K wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a AC97 CODEC soundchip on my GigaByte GA-7VRX Motherboard
>
> root@lsd$ dmesg | grep pcm
> pcm0: <VIA VT8233> port 0xd800-0xd8ff irq 12 at device 17.5 on pci0
> pcm0:play:0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead
> pcm0:play:0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead
> pcm0:play:0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead
>

> The motherboard is a Giga-byte GA-7VRX
>
> It's been 3 realeases since i got this Motherboard (4.5/4.6/4.6.2) and
> it still hasn't been fixed, could you please do something about it in the
> next release please ?

Hi,
same problem here, nothing helped till now. I would be very thankfull
for a fix. I tried OSS btw. which didn't help anything. (Just killed my
NIC, my usbhub etc..)
I'm running 4.6 stable now, already tried 5.0, but didn't work also.
Are we doing something wrong, is there a fix already?

Greetings, Pia