Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2000 11:16:10 +0000
From:      Adam Laurie <adam@algroup.co.uk>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>, cjclark@home.com, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: console disappears after reboot

Mike Smith wrote:

> So in summary; there's nothing that will "decide there is no built-in
> console" unless you explicitly tell it to go look for itself.  Anything
> that's causing the system to talk to a serial console is at the admin's
> request.  At this point in time, there is no way to force a change of
> console once the system is up and running.

*,

Thanks for all helpful suggestions... It turns out to be a mobo thing -
the SBCs we are now using act like notebooks and switch off the VGA
port, not the O/S... Apologies for waste of [insert unit of geek
here]...

cheers,
Adam
--
Adam Laurie                   Tel: +44 (181) 742 0755
A.L. Digital Ltd.             Fax: +44 (181) 742 5995