Date:      Thu, 21 Nov 1996 10:45:04 -0800
From:      Jason Fesler <jfesler@calweb.com>
To:        Craig Shaver <craig@progroup.com>, ge1941@ibm.net
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FTP from your site

At 04:17 PM 11/20/96 -0800, Craig Shaver wrote:
>Just use the URL ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/ and follow the directories
>to the sources you need.  Or use the ftp program that comes with
>win95 to C> ftp ftp.freebsd.org  and do not forget to use binary
>mode for the downloads.

Ug!  I've been able to reproduce multiple binary file corruptions
using "ftp" from both Win95 and also from NT (yes, remembering
to select "binary").  My only recourse was to install a different
FTP client.  (This was when I was transfering roughly 5 gigs worth
of archives on my local lan to move to CD-ROM..)

--
           Jason Fesler  jfesler@calweb.com  Internic: 'whois jf319'
            Admin, CalWeb Internet Services   http://www.calweb.com