Date:      Mon, 1 Feb 1999 21:22:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      Laura nmi Michaels <lauramic@freenet.tlh.fl.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Another install problem

I just got the CDs in for FreeBSD.  The version is 3.0.  I'm
really beginning to think these install programs hate me.  I'm
running install from a floppy.  I got past the part where I
got stuck last time and couldn't create the partition on the disk
label editor screen using the auto defaults option.  I got all
the way through to the part where it looks for the bin files and
then I have a problem since the it can't seem to find them.  I
mounted the DOS partition in the disk label editor as \dos.  I
have the bin files copied to my hard drive under \freebsd\bin on
both the C: and D: partitions.  I also have the CD in drive E: which
is an HP CD-Writer 6020i connected with a Adaptec 1505 SCSI.  I tried
the options to look for files on CD and on both C and D, but it can't
seem to either find or mount them properly.  Suggestions greatly
appreciated.  Was even thinking of buying an Adaptec 2940UW to replace
my 1505 if that would help the FreeBSD system see my CD player.

Thank you very much.

Laura Michaels