Date:      Mon, 08 Jul 2002 11:15:20 -0500
From:      Oscar Ricardo Silva <oscars@mail.utexas.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ISO image with resolver fix?

Are there any plans to issue a post-4.6 release ISO image with the resolver
patch?  I figure any bug that requires the rebuild of the entire operating
system might merit something like that.  Also, we have three potentially
large vulnerabilities announced in a very short time:  resolv, ssh, apache
(yes, I know apache is not part of the base install but the ports version
might be upgraded as well) and that might be a good reason for a new release.

If not, does anybody know of a way to creat an ISO install image with the
patches built in so that the installed OS is already patched and all
binaries are linked against the patched libraries?  Are there plans for a
4.7 release?

Oscar