Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 1996 05:56:58 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>
Cc:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CD-ROM driver bug -- causes system lockup!

John Goerzen wrote in message ID
<199606270436.XAA01103@complete.org>:
> I can perhaps understand it if other programs are trying to access it.  But
> all I did is run umount, and it caused a panic.  That's a bug.

And it's probably the same bug that I have in the GNATS database
already to do with ejected CDROMs (although in my case SCSI) and
trying to unmount them. (kern/1204 I believe). My case is slightly
different (a SCSI bus reset re-initialised the CDROM drive), but I've
had the same happen when I had a FS mounted and then accidently
clicked `Eject' in one of these fancy X CD players...

Gary