Date:      Sat, 04 Aug 2001 12:00:15 +0900
From:      Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp>
To:        Current <FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: named -u bind

At Fri, 03 Aug 2001 19:50:24 -0700,
Dima Dorfman wrote:
> IIRC the last time this came up somebody said something about it not
> being able to read zonefiles in some odd places where they like to put
> them.  I.e., they want it to run as root so they can set their
> zonefile mode 600 or something.

If they are running on -stable, is it possible to change default
behaviour on -current to use bind account?

# IMHO, it requires only to do "chown bind $zonefiles" so something...

> > # Or importing code to use chroot from OpenBSD?
>
> Import code?  BIND can run in a chroot just fine.

Sorry for my poor explanation.  This means to get a part of shell code
in /etc/rc of OpenBSD to prepare chroot environment.  This seems users
can use chroot'ed named easily with only setting variables at
/etc/rc.conf.

--
Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp> // IMG SRC, Inc.
             <kuriyama@FreeBSD.org> // FreeBSD Project