Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 2001 09:54:39 -0600
From:      Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@flugsvamp.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   DNS & kqread (kq in general)

I"ve committed a fix for the problem where DNS hangs or takes
a long time to resolve (the process gets stuck in kqread).

In the last kqueue update, I added a new filter-specific flag to
the read/write filters, which allows the filter to specify its
own read/write watermarks.  However, since this flag was previously
unused, if you do not initialize the structure to zero, you may
get unexpected results.

To that end, I'd encourage kqueue users to review their code and
make sure that the structure is completely initialized.  A new
a new convenience macro EV_SET() was also added to <sys/event.h>
which should also assist this process.
--
Jonathan