Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2000 08:44:36 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marius Bendiksen <mbendiks@eunet.no>
To:        Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Rsh/Rlogin/Rcmd & friends

> 4.  Status quo.

This is my vote, at least until (at some point in a distant future)
sysinstallNG is finished, at which point we're bound to run into a lot of
work with this anyway.

> change my vote to option 4.  (The bullying and insults didn't change my
> mind.  The few reasonable arguments -- Robert Watson's note comes to
> mind -- is what did it).

Please note that many people feel offended by what I perceived as bullying
and insults on _your_ behalf, by the wording of the mail you posted. If we
do not pay attention to the desires of our users, we will find ourselves a
lot of users poorer. The so-perceived bullying and insults have been those
users' voice in the matter.

If we are to disregard our user base, or if we are to start prompting
people whether they're sure they know what they're doing, or if we are to
start assuming they don't without even asking, then I think another BSD is
in order.

</IMO>

Marius