Date:      Wed, 30 May 2001 13:17:22 -0700
From:      Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>
To:        Will Mitayai Keeso Rowe <mit@dreaming.org>
Cc:        echelon <e_chelon@yahoo.com>, Stable FreeBSD <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Port update (jakarta-tomcat) problem

Will Mitayai Keeso Rowe wrote:

> i can't believe that this hasn't been fixed yet.

It has been, but for those who cvsup'ed during a particular time, the
damage was done to your checkouts file.

> anyway, to fix in the short term:
>
> cd /usr/ports
> rm -rf www/jakarta-tomcat
> make update

This is insufficient. You must also edit
/usr/sup/ports-all/checkouts-cvs:. and remove all of the lines
mentioning jakarta-tomcat.

I believe the cvsup maintainers have said that they will work on the
crash, but it will take longer for them to fix it than for those
affected to workaround the problem thusly. I've done it to the dozen
cvsup'ers I take care of already. It's not a big deal.