Date:      Thu, 22 Aug 2002 08:23:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bryan Liesner <bleez@bellatlantic.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB MFC (ucom, uvisor)

Just an FYI:

After looking into it a bit further, I did manage to get ucom/uvisor
working. I am now using the serial only ports of pilot-link and
jpilot with my Handspring over USB.

My mistake was the minor device number.

I initially made the device cuaU0 with 138,0 as the major/minor
numbers.  After looking at the cuaa* major/minor numbers, I saw that
the minor numbers start at 128.

So, 'mknod cuaU0 c 138 128' is the ticket here...