Date:      Thu, 10 Nov 2005 17:48:43 +1100
From:      Michael Vince <mv@roq.com>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
Cc:        Android Andrew <android@oberon.pfi.lt>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: JDK15 installation problem  SOLVED

Greg Lewis wrote:

>On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 11:24:12PM +0200, Android Andrew wrote:
>

>>Thanks a lot everybody for all ideas!
>>
>>I've installed jdk15 on FreeBSD 6 Stable (amd64) this way:
>>
>>First of all thanks Greg Lewis for this idea:
>>"Try installing linux_base-8 first rather than having it pulled in as a
>>dependency."
>>
>>portinstall linux_base-8
>>
>>Second idea was foun here:
>>http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports-bugs/2005-May/057720.html
>>
>>I've patched Makefile as mentioned above.
>>
>>After it I've just typed:
>>portinstall java/jdk15
>>

>So, I wonder what is causing ${ARCH} to be wrong when we try installing the
>Linux emulation package?

I gave up using the linux_base / RH base for emulation on AMD64 it often
fails somewhere.
I have found that I have had the best luck using sus-9.2
with 'OVERRIDE_LINUX_BASE_PORT=suse-9.2' in /etc/make.conf

Only down side is since upgrading to 6.0 release openoffice2 under linux
emu sometimes locks up my laptop, as far as Java goes though its been fine.

Mike