Date:      Mon, 5 Jan 1998 19:07:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      Rudy Gireyev <rgireyev@yahoo.com>
To:        john <appel1@gte.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD2.2.5 Dual boot question.

---john <appel1@gte.net> wrote:

> I have a very strange question that I have not been able to get
answered or
> even find documentation on. The question is this, I have a Epson
Iomega
> 100MB ZiP drive, and am trying to find out if it is at all possible
for me
> to partition a zip disk and put two boot sectors on it, to dual boot
os'es

To see if you can partition it simply run a partition utility and see
if it works (FIPS, FDISK, Partition Magic etc).I see no reason why it
wouldn't be but who knows.
You don't need two boot sectors, you just need a boot manager,
booteasy comes with FreeBSD. I think your only question is whether you
can boot off the parallel Zip drive. You may be able to test that by
running the DOS sys utility, if the disk is already formatted, and
then trying to boot off the drive.
Otherwise hit the questions mailing list search engine and see if
those drives are bootable.

> from the zip drive, it is a parralel drive. The reason I ask you at
freebsd
> is because I am a FreeBSD 2.2.5 user and cannot find the answer to
this
> question. I am trying to dual boot FreeBSD2.2.5 and possibly another
form
> of UNIX/LINUX. Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated. Thank
you.

You realize this will be a very tiny installation, right?