Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 1997 09:08:55 -0000
From:      "P. van Leeuwen" <pvl@nanoteq.com>
To:        "'Chris Lambrou'" <chrislambrou@internetmci.com>, FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Now What?

Copy the file /usr/mdec/boot1 to the root dir of your C: drive. rename it to something like fbsd.bin.
Now change the attr of  C:\boot.ini so that you can edit it. Add a entry for FreeBSD that looks like this:
C:\fbsd.bin="FreeBSD"

My boot.ini looks like this:

[boot loader]
timeout=10
default=C:\fbsd.bin
[operating systems]
C:\fbsd.bin="FreeBSD"
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3)\WINNT="Windoze NT "
C:\="DOS"

I have DOS on C:, NT on D: and then FreeBSD.  Yours will look similar, except for the DOS entry

I hope that helps :)

P. van Leeuwen
Electronic Engineer
pvl@nanoteq.com