Date:      Tue, 27 Dec 2005 00:18:12 +0100
From:      Georg Bege <therion@ninth-art.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   DVD-RAM and packet writing?

Hi guys,

I've been asking this on ##FreeBSD @freenode already, but sadly no one
knows.
Time to ask this here ;)
I've got a CD/DVD recorder: 'HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4167B' and would like
to record on DVD-RAM's.
Sadly I've never got that packet writing working on FreeBSD, just on
Linux - so my guess is FreeBSD doesnt support that yes.
All I wanna know is just the information if DVD-RAM recording does work
on FreeBSD or not, and if yes then how?
My FreeBSD is 6.0-RELEASE-p1 both kernel and userland.
I can access DVD-RAM's with the udfclient tools witihn the ports
collection but cant record on them, I also tried a blank DVD-RAM (from
panasonic) pre-formatted with udf 2.0,
mounting is possible but only read-only.

Thanks for ya time ppl