Date:      Tue, 10 Nov 1998 21:38:17 +0100
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        Tony Maher <tonym@angis.usyd.edu.au>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        mjacob@feral-gw
Subject:   Re: Travan TR4 dump/restore

On Wed, Nov 11, 1998 at 06:53:32AM +1100, Tony Maher wrote:
> Hello Andreas,
>
> >> Dumps run without any errors, but trying to restore get
> >> "resync restore, skipped 33 blocks"
> >
> > What if you use 32 blocks ?
> >
> > dump 0uabf 32 /dev/nrsa0 /
>
> Just tried with 2 small partitions. Worked perfectly.
> I'll test more tonight when I get back from work.
>

> mt status
>  Mode      Density         Blocksize      bpi      Compression
>  Current:  0x45            512 bytes      0        unsupported
>  ---------available modes---------
>  0:        0x45            512 bytes      0        unsupported
>  1:        0x45            512 bytes      0        unsupported
>  2:        0x45            512 bytes      0        unsupported
>  3:        0x45            512 bytes      0        unsupported
>
> Many thanks!

Hmmm,
my personal experience was, that it's now safe with CAM to use
blocksizes over 32 .... Since physio (if I remember right) was
done in 32 blocks chunks even is you choose 64 or more ...

--
Andreas Klemm                                http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas
     What gives you 90% more speed, for example, in kernel compilation ?