Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 2003 22:57:11 +0100
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
To:        "Markus.Schanovsky" <m.schanovsky@m56ssr.wien.at>
Cc:        dwcjr@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: samba-2.2.7a

Markus.Schanovsky wrote:
> Hello!
Hi Markus,

> Sorry for annoying You - but I need an answer to one question. Please
> comfort me!
>
> As often as I compile Samba 2.2.7a (from the FreeBSD-Ports and also from
> the original-source) on a FreeBSD 4.7 or a FreeBSD 5.0-System I run into
> an compile-error.
>
> There is a problem in nsswitch/pam_winbind.c - variables
> PAM_AUTHTOK_RECOVER_ERR and PAM_AUTHTOK_RECOVERY_ERR are not defined.

would you please be so kind and submit some error messages? The easiest
way doing this is using the script(1) command and send the created log
as attachment. Please start 'script' before you start to do anything
with the port. But - do 'make clean' before :-)

If you have sth. changed in your /etc/make.conf, it would be nice to
attach it, too.

> Is winbindd not able to be compiled under FreeBSD?
> I need winbindd, because I want to set up new servers in my institute to
> get the user-authentications from a Windows NT 4-Domain.
>
> When I try to "correct" the problem - I really don't know what I am
> doing :-) - and define the variables the compiling-process runs
> successfully.
> Winbindd can be started, but wbinfo can not ping it.
>
> Is there a possible solution for FreeBSD?

To be able to help you, we really need some more information :-)

> With best regards  from Vienna
> Markus Schanovsky

So long,
Jens

--
L     i  W     W     W  i                 Jens Rehsack
L        W     W     W