Date:      Mon, 17 Jun 1996 09:19:25 -0400
From:      "Chris Lavin" <chrisl@bbs.justcompute.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Help with serial terms and modems

Ok Im stumped... I am trying to enable ttyd0 on my system for a connection
through a NULL MODEM cable. I have tried, tried and tried again. I have
edited my "ttys" file for ttyd0 "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600" unknown on
secure. But I fail to get a connect. I have tried 3 different null modem
cables.. Im about ready to pulll my hair out! Can you offer any help? Oh
yes my serial ports do exist and are recognized as 16550 Uarts. I just
don't know what else to try..

				Thanx
				Chris