Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 2000 17:25:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kent Hauser <kent@tfd.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   make release causes reset

Hi all,

I'm trying to build a "stable" release CD for my laptop on my
"current" desktop. The "chroot" make world completes, but when the
"dorelease" runs, the machine resets. There was no panic message nor
entry in /var/log/messages.

I've done this a few times, and it always dies in the same place.
I've attached the output of `uname' & the tail of the output of
`make release'.

Thanks for any input.

	Kent

=====
uname -a: FreeBSD chapel-hill.tfd.com 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #1: Thu Apr  6 09:56:02 EDT 2000     kent@chapel-hill.tfd.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GW  i386
=====
echo "domain          53/udp          nameserver" >> /R/stage/mfsfd/stand/etc/services
echo "cmd             514/tcp    shell" >> /R/stage/mfsfd/stand/etc/services
gzip -9c /usr/src/release/../COPYRIGHT > /R/stage/mfsfd/stand/help/COPYRIGHT.hlp.gz
test -f /usr/src/release/install.cfg && cp /usr/src/release/install.cfg /R/stage/mfsfd
Making the regular boot floppy.
Compressing doc files...
*** Error code 1 (ignored)
sh -e /usr/src/release/scripts/doFS.sh -s mfsroot /R/stage /mnt  2880 /R/stage/mfsfd 8000 minimum2
disklabel: ioctl DIOCWLABEL: Operation not supported by device
=====