Date:      Thu, 29 Aug 2002 18:11:22 -0500
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "Vitor de Matos Carvalho" <vitor@softinfo.com.br>, "FreeBSD-Stable" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Sendmail+Cyrus2

From: "Vitor de Matos Carvalho" <vitor@softinfo.com.br>
> I installed cyrus for ports to function with sendmail 8,12,5 to require
> authentication in the sending of emails, only that I configured the
customer
> of email to send login and the password to make autenticacao together to
the
> sendmail alone that it of giving the following error to me:
> Relaying denied. Proper authentication required.
>
> I configured of the following form:
>

> 4) Add the following to your sendmail.mc file:
>
>    dnl The group needs to be mail in order to read the sasldb2 file
>    define(`confRUN_AS_USER',`root:mail')dnl
>
>    TRUST_AUTH_MECH(`DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5')dnl
>    define(`confAUTH_MECHANISMS',`DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5')dnl

In order for you to use the DIGEST-MD5 and CRAM-MD5 mechs, you need to add
the users to the sasldb2 file with saslpasswd2.  Saslauthd only works with
the plan text authentication methods.

If you users are using NetScape or OutLook Express you'll need to add
additional mechs (PLAIN, LOGIN) to the list.

Scot