Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:22:26 +0530
From:      "Rajesh P Jain" <rpjain_1977@eudoramail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        "Robert Watson" <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   BPF - Problem with ioctl calls of BPF

Hi,
    In the BPF - Berkeley Packet Filter, when a file descriptor is associated to an interface to send and receive packets, there is an ioctl parameter "BIOCSSEESENT", which is by default set to 1. Hence the packets both from "remote systems" and "locally generated" are received.

    If "locally generated" packets needs to be filtered, we can use the option "BIOCSSEESENT" and set the value to 0.

    After using this ioctl(BIOCSSEESENT) call for one of the ethernet intrfaces (successfully) and associating the BPF using the BIOCSETIF.

    Now, if we try to assocaite one more BPF to the second interface of the machine (using the BIOCSETIF), the association of the BPF with that interface fails.

    Am I missing something ??? Please throw light on this issue.

    Of course, without using the BIOCSSEESENT, I am able to associate 2 interfaces to separate BPF's.

With Regards
Rajesh P Jain