Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 1997 10:31:56 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Junk mail from hackers list

I have noticed that I am receiving junk mail from AOL's mailing
list agregator again, now that someone from AOL recently subscribed
to the list, and was wondering if anyone else had the same experience?

I got on this list once before by sending email to my Dad's AOL
account.  Apparently, if you send to an AOL account, you are put
on a mailing list for use by people who wish to advertise to you
by mailing to a single list address at AOL.

Anyone else getting a higher than normal amount of junk mail?

You would think AOL would have enough problems without pissing off
a lot of highly technically knowledgable people...

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---