Date:      Thu, 05 Dec 2013 09:40:57 -0600
From:      Mark Felder <feld@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 5805 as a guest on ESXi 5.5 - problem

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013, at 13:54, kaczorem wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've installed a FreeBSD (stable 9.2) as a guest on ESXi 5.5. I've added
> Adaptec Controller via passthrough. Unfortunately FreeBSD does not show
> hard
> drives. Any clue?

Can you confirm that the controller shows drives on the exact same
version of FreeBSD without VMWare being involved? Otherwise you're at
the mercy of VMWare support, who in my past experience have no interest
in fixing problems for FreeBSD users. The Foundation is working on
relations with VMWare, though.