Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 2000 20:44:48 -0400
From:      Paul Halliday <transmogrify@sympatico.ca>
To:        Robert Small <rsmall@pwahec.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD networking

Robert Small wrote:

> Please excuse my ignorance, but I'm a real newbie with FreeBSD.
>
> Now that I've gotten my system up and running, I want to network
>  in my son's Win98 machine for access to the internet only.
> I'm not sure what I need to do with FreeBSD to get it working
> after I get it wired.
>
> Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

	Windows side: Make sure that tcp/ip is setup for your nic, and point
the gateway
to your fbsd host. Set your isp's nameservers etc. Extremely straight
forward.

	FreeBSD side: edit the necessary fields in you /etc/defaults/rc.conf to
turn the machine
into a gateway. Again, extremely staight forward. Good luck.

--
Paul H.
Don't underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Email: dp@penix.org
BIO: http://bling.dyn.dhs.org
GPG Key fingerprint: 2D7C A7E2 DB1F EA5F 8C6F&nbsp; D5EC 3D39 F274 4AA3
E8B9
Public Key available here: http://bling.dyn.dhs.org/dp.asc