Date:      Mon, 5 Apr 1999 13:09:28 -0700
From:      "Wendell Wolfe" <wwolfe@internetdevices.com>
To:        <freebsd-small@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Sysinstall boot disk

Hello,

        I am trying to recreate a boot disk.  I have compiled several by
going into
the /usr/src/release directory and typing make boot.flp and correcting
several
make errors.  I have done this with versions 2.7, 2.8, 3.1.  My problem is
when the floppy boots up it boots up fine then says starting MFS file
system and stops.  The next step would be just for it to run the sysinstall
program.  On all 3 the same thing happens they all stop at the same point.
In the Crunch file the progs sysinstall is listed.  Can someone explain to
me
how the kernel knows to run the sysinstall program instead of init once it
has booted.  If I am going about it the wrong way please let me know.
I only want a boot floppy that runs sysinstall once it boots.

Thanks,
Wendell