Date:      Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:57:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        fcash@sd73.bc.ca (Freddie Cash)
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: misc/70231: Beastie not by default

> On November 30, 2004 11:10 am, Jerry McAllister wrote:
> > >  Why is this such a big deal??
>
> > No big deal.
> > Sounds like you now have something to keep you busy over the
> > holidays. When you get it all working, just submit it as a pr.  There
> > are instructions for submitting a change on the FreeBSD web site.
>
> > That's the way things work in the open source freeware community.
>
> It looks like Scott Long is doing something similar for -CURRENT.
>
> I don't know any forth, but I might be able to hack something up as
> proof-of-concept kind of thingy.  It can't really be all that hard can
> it?  :)

The biggest problem might be having room for it in the place it
must run.   If it doesn't need to use/modify the boot block, then it
should be easy.

Hey, there are whole web sites out there about programming in forth.
You can learn.
I waded through it about 6 years ago, but don't remember much.

If someone else is doing it, then give them a little encouragement
and help if needed.   That might be quicker than doing it yourself.

By the way, probably bugs isn't the most appropriate place for
this discussion.   It ain't a bug.    Questions maybe or look
through the list of lists for a better place.

////jerry