Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 2000 20:29:55 -0400
From:      Matt Pillsbury <pillsy@brown.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Some questions on ports

I've got to questions on ports, one which is probably on-target for
this list, and one which probably isn't. Anyway, on topic:

I've taken to updating my ports collection with CVSup, which works
like a charm. I like to navigate using Netscape or lynx, so after each
update, I do a "make readmes". However, this takes a while, and to my
untrained eye, it looks like it's building the README.html file for
every port, whether it was updated or not. This takes a long time.

Is this actually what "make readmes" does, and if so, is there any way
to make the HTML files for only those ports which have changed?

Next, less on topic:

I'm trying to build the Mozilla M17 port. and when I do so, the make
aborts with the following error message:

nsErrorService.cpp
g++295 -o nsErrorService.o -c -DOSTYPE=\"FreeBSD3\" -DOJI
-D_IMPL_NS_COM  -I../../dist/include  -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/local/include  -I/usr/X11R6/include   -fPIC  -fno-rtti
-fexceptions -Wall -Wconversion -Wpointer-arith -Wbad-function-cast
-Wcast-align -Woverloaded-virtual -Wsynth -Wshadow -Wno-long-long -O
-pipe -pthread -O  -DNDEBUG -DTRIMMED -DMOZILLA_CLIENT -include
../../config-defs.h nsErrorService.cpp
g++295: Internal compiler error: program cc1plus got fatal signal 11
gmake[2]: *** [nsErrorService.o] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory
`/usr/ports/www/mozilla/work/mozilla/xpcom/base'

and frankly, I can't even figure out where to file a bug report, let
alone what I might do to make this work. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Pillsy

--
Matt Pillsbury   | (401) 351-2253 |