Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2001 03:28:02 +0200
From:      Nevermind <never@nevermind.kiev.ua>
To:        Paul Bauer <bauerp@bigfoot.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Creating a 4.2-STABLE iso

Hello, Paul Bauer!

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 06:38:45PM -0600, you wrote:

> Is there a HOWTO or a FAQ somewhere that I am missing?  I would like to
> make a iso of 4.2 STABLE to save time instead of cvsupping a bunch of
> systems.   Granted this works great but it is more time consuming that I
> would like.

I've asked about this before. So that's my howto:

1.  You will need the while cvs repository preferablely on local hard disks.
	You can get it by cvsuping 'cvs-all' target.

2.	cvsup complete src tree to your /usr/src or any other place you are usually
	place your source tree. (we'll call it $SRCDIR)

3.	You'll need a lot of free space (about 1.6-2Gb)
	Also, create some dir where you want to put release files, there should be
	about 1Gb free.

4.	cd $SRCDIR/release
	make release CVSROOT=here_your_cvs_repo BUILDNAME="4.2-STABLE" \
	RELEASETAG=RELENG_4 CHROOTDIR=your_dir_where_to_put_release_files

	(maybe I'm missing some flags, but now I have no source tree to look at.

5.	wait some hours/days depending on your hardware and disk speed :))

6.	when it will finish,
	cd $CHROOTDIR/R/cdrom/disc1
	mkisofs -o ~/FreeBSD-4.2-STABLE-image.iso -J -r -b floppies/boot.flp

7.	burn it on CD using burncd for example.

P.S. Maybe it worth to include this in handbook?

--
NEVE-RIPE
	The instructions said to install Windows 98 or better,