Date:      Sun, 19 Feb 2006 10:05:12 -0500
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Gabriel Weinberg <yegg@alum.mit.edu>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Name Removal from your Web Site

Gabriel Weinberg wrote:
[ ... ]
> I would like my name and all the information associated with it to
> be immediately removed for personal privacy reasons.  Please confirm
> when this is done by replying to this message.

I'm sorry, but what you're asking for is impractical.

The situation is analogous to writing a letter to a newspaper, having it printed
in the op/ed section, and then you asking your local library to discard the
entire editoral section for that day.

Even if the library were to agree, there were thousands of other copies made and
the neighboring towns very probably all have copies of that day's paper in their
library archives, as well, so what's the point?  A newspaper doesn't have any
legal obligation to hunt down and remove all of the copies of their paper which
contain the letter you wrote.

Likewise, if you don't want your name to appear in the archive of a public
forum, don't send content to that public forum.

--
-Chuck