Date:      Thu, 23 Apr 1998 02:28:02 -0400
From:      "Jon E. Mitchiner" <jon@minotaur.com>
To:        <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   install not making dirs (why not!?) with current.

install -c -o bin -g bin -m 644 etc/README.examples,v
/usr/share/examples/etc/README.examples,v
install -c -o bin -g bin -m 644 etc/Attic/aliases,v
/usr/share/examples/etc/Attic/aliases,v
install: /usr/share/examples/etc/Attic/aliases,v: No such file or directory
*** Error code 71

So I went and mkdir'd /usr/share/examples/etc/Attic

and re-ran make world.

Bing, I run into another error again.

install -c -o bin -g bin -m 644 lkm/syscall/README,v
/usr/share/examples/lkm/syscall/README,v
install -c -o bin -g bin -m 644 lkm/vfs/module/Attic/Makefile,v
/usr/share/examples/lkm/vfs/module/Attic/Makefile,v
install: /usr/share/examples/lkm/vfs/module/Attic/Makefile,v: No such file
or directory

Sigh.  Why doesn't install make dirs on its own? It'd help reduce the time
taken to remake make world continuously.

Time for a 3rd make world run.  Another hour of waiting or so.  I'm trying
to get a benchmark on a PII-350 MHz system with a 100MHz system bus.  It
gets to this point at approx 1 hour 8 mins.

Jon