Date:      Wed, 30 Apr 97 11:16:01 PDT
From:      Anne Hutton <hutton@ISI.EDU>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   pci device drivers and user memory mapping code

Hi,

I'm trying to add some code to a pci device driver to do user memory mapping
and it doesn't seem to be working. I've looked at the device driver tutorial
on the FreeBSD web pages but find it doesn't go into sufficient detail.

Basically, I have followed the structure for a pci driver and I now need to
add code which will do a device_mmap, device_ioctl, device_open and
device_close. I have added a cdevsw to conf.c and added the apropriate
functions to my driver in /sys/pci. I'm not sure that my data structures in
the pci driver are correct.

Can anyone provide an outline/help? I'm using FreeBSD 2.1.5.

thanks,

Anne Hutton