Date:      Tue, 27 Nov 2007 09:24:29 -0600
From:      Eric Schuele <e.schuele@computer.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RELENG_7 and atheros ....

--------------enigC595EA80AD31E69D2CBA6040

On 11/15/2007 22:08, Eric Schuele wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> I'm having some strangeness with respect to my atheros based card on
> releng_7.  This may not sound like much... but together they concern me=
=2E
>  I'm wondering if anyone has seen similar things.
>=20
>   1) I've seen two panics while trying to bring the interface up over
> the last few weeks.
>   2) I get disconnected every night from my wireless router at home.
> 99% of the time it happens after I've gone to bed.  Once or twice...
> while I was sitting in front of it.  It just disassociates?
>   3) When I am at the office,  my card will *never* obtain an ip addres=
> from our DHCP server upon first booting.  I must *always* down the
> interface, kill dhclient, bring the interface up and start dhclient.
>=20

As a follow up for the list...
I rebuilt world and kernel on Nov 22nd.  Since this time I have not
noticed the above mentioned issue #3.  I did not dig through any commit
logs... but appears as though something changed to fix it.

Fwiw...
Note that I did make a change to fix item #2 on the advice of another
FreeBSD'er.  That change did not affect item #3.  I did still see item
#3 occurring until I rebuilt on the 22nd.

Thanks to all.

> Note that "nothing" has changed aside from upgrading to FreeBSD 7.0.  B=
> this I mean I've used all/most/many of the same config files to
> configure things.  Maybe thats the problem, I don't know.
>=20
> What can I provide that might offer insight?  Below is a little.
>=20
> uname
> FreeBSD fangorn.nxdomain.org 7.0-BETA2 FreeBSD 7.0-BETA2 #0: Sat Nov  3=

> 01:59:25 CDT 2007
>=20
> From dmesg:
> ############################
> ath_hal: 0.9.20.3 (AR5210, AR5211, AR5212, RF5111, RF5112, RF2413, RF54=
13)
> ath0: <Atheros 5212> mem 0xfafe0000-0xfafeffff irq 11 at device 2.0 on =
pci2
> ath0: [ITHREAD]
> ath0: using obsoleted if_watchdog interface
> ath0: Ethernet address: 00:00:00:00:00:00
> ath0: mac 5.9 phy 4.3 radio 3.6
> ############################
>=20
> From rc.conf