Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 2002 23:22:55 +0200
From:      Xeon <xeon@gmx.ch>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mount_msdos

I finally "solved" the problem with mounting a fat32-partition on freebsd. I didn't try high enough slice-numbers, I only tried 1-4, I didn't think that the partition would have a higher number because there really was only one partition on the disk. and normally even device nodes only go from s1 to s4...
But the correct position of the partition is ad6s5. This is because the partition on the disk is an extended dos partition, containing a logical partition with fs FAT32. and the first logical partition in an extended dos-partition seems to be s5.
Man, why I didn't come on this idea earlier? but anyway, thanks for your help.

regards
chris