Date:      Sat, 07 Feb 2004 11:56:47 -0800
From:      Saint Aardvark the Carpeted <aardvark@saintaardvarkthecarpeted.com>
To:        "R. D." <rdaemon@rambler.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Resizing FFS

R. D. disturbed my sleep to write:
> Can I decrease size of existing filesystem ( f. e. ad0s3f)?  I have
> free space on it and want to create new partition.
> growfs can only increase size of existing fs. Is FBSD has instrument
> such as resize2fs under Linux?

>From what I can tell, you're out of luck on this;  there doesn't appear
to be a tool to shrink filesystems under FreeBSD.  The closest thing I
found was a reference on a NetBSD mailing list to a tool that can shrink
NetBSD filesystems (http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2001/11/09/0006.html);
unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any other reference to it.

Hugh

--
Saint Aardvark the Carpeted
aardvark@saintaardvarkthecarpeted.com