Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 1997 09:31:30 -0800
From:      Jason Fesler <jfesler@gigo.com>
To:        faried nawaz <fn@kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tun0/user ppp lockups?

At 08:23 AM 3/20/97 -0800, you wrote:
>on 2.2-gamma dated ~ feb 27, i see this problem every day, perhaps 1-2
>times.  it's very annoying.  ppp stops responding and starts chewing cpu.
>i end up killing ppp (w/ -9), doing ifconfig tun0 delete, route delete
>default, and dialing in again.

Blah... At least you found a way around it.  I'll have to code something
up that will look for the situation, and do all that.  I was killing PPP,
but not ifconfig'ing it.  Thanks for the pointer.

>my main reason for using ppp is the packet aliasing -- i need that.

:-) I just need it for a  connection :-).  I may try kernel PPP (blah, user
 PPP worked _too_ easily), as long as I can still use ipfw on it.

--
  Jason Fesler <jfesler@gigo.com>